Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Foodie Fun

I am so glad the weather has been nice lately. It has let us be outside way more often, which is so nice. One thing that is not so nice... our smoke detectors beeping for hours even when we changed the batteries. Poor Bella was hiding in our front closet when I got home from work yesterday.

Anyway, a new thing I'm going to add to this blog is food reviews around Chicago. I just feel like Mark and I have been to so many great restaurants, they need some recognition.

Last weekend, we went to Hub 51, on the ever-popular Hubbard Street. Let me preface this review with the fact that we had to make a reservation a week and a half in advance because it is so popular. In Chicago, all the best restaurants (and some so-so ones) have very long waiting periods to get in to eat.

Anyway, we made a reservation, and it was the best meal I have had in a long time! I tried two of their signature cocktails, which were amazing. Both were very refreshing and not too watery. We also got an appetizer to start, the sweet potato sushi roll. One word: amazing. Mark doesn't even like sushi and he loved it. And our waitress was super attentive and told us after we had eaten a few pieces "something is wrong. let me bring this back." We were confused, but then she brought it back and it had this delicious barbeque glaze that was supposed to be on it originally, and that made it even better. The cool thing about Hub51, other than its posh atmosphere, is that the menu is very diverse. Mark got a burger and I got tacos, and both were very appetizing. If you live here and have not tried Hub51... you are really missing out.

I am super excited because one of my BEST friends in the world, Emily, is here with her boyfriend Mike! They are moving here in a month and I am so excited. I will write an update with pictures of wherever we end up going this weekend. Thank god for three day weekends.

Happy Fourth of July! Hope you have as great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment