Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Home is where the heart is

This past week, Mark and I drove down to Maryland for our first trip back home! It was truly wonderful being able to see our families and a lot of our friends. Bella was once again a trooper for the ten hour car ride, but it felt very long to me. It was very weird being back at home, and it really felt more nostalgic than anything else. It made me realize how much I love Chicago, and how hard it would be to move back to MD... at least right now. It also made both Mark and I realize how much we cannot remember about roads and things there. Navigating around was weird. And, I was also told while I was home, that my "a" in words had become like a Mid-westerner's. For example, I say "back" as "bayk"... Can you saw 'ew'? I would like to keep my original accent por favor.

Here is a picture of Bella and my family's dog Lily on their way with us to my grandma's pool (They know what "MomMom's house" means). It is just too cute for words, so I had to include it in the post.


So, it was a great couple days at home, but for now, Chicago is the place to be.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww :) Glad you guys had a good trip home! The pups are too cute.

    ReplyDelete