Sunday, April 24, 2011

Strike

Well Mark and I had a pretty entertaining weekend. And I still have two days left of mine (yes, I do suck).

Last night we went with my co-worker, her fiance, and their two friends to dinner and bowling.  We had a great time, and got to drive through some neighborhoods we hadn't seen yet. We are now really into the neighborhood known as "Lakeview." It is kind of a mini hipster version of Lincoln Park, with a million cute hole-in-the-wall places. We ate dinner there at this place called Wishbone, which was okay. After a really fun dinner, we drove to Ravenswood, a neighborhood that is far North and really neighborhood-y (if that makes any sense).

There we went bowling. Or tried. This bowling alley was bought in the 1960s and probably hasn't been touched since 1970. We had manual written scoring and a reggae band performing. Super funny/ghetto/70s flashback. I was by far the worst bowler of the group, and maybe even the entire alley. I went between throwing the ball in the air to throwing it granny-style, and both ways did not work well for me. Mark on the other hand had good form, but would kick his leg into the ball machine every time he bowled... and that was pretty funny. Somehow I had remembered bowling as being more fun in general, but then again I haven't bowled in years.

On a different note, I have been spring shopping, and selling my stuff on ebay like crazy. Because THIS is what my closet currently looks like:




Not cool. And this is what it looks like with half of it in the laundry and/or being sold. Guess I need a bigger closet!

Oh, and today Mark and I went to this well-known brunch spot, "yolk" and then went to see Water for Elephants. Both the food and the movie were great. Mark even liked it. I loved the book, so I loved the movie even more with some R-Patz to look at. I highly recommend going to see the movie. More to come after part two of my 4 1/2 day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment