Monday, April 18, 2011

Clicking my heels

Today is just one of those days that I want to be home.  Tonight is the first night of Passover, and while I am really not a religious person, I am really sad about it all of a sudden. Mark and I were invited to attend a seder with one of my co-workers, but I was afraid it would be a bit forced and uncomfortable. In the end, I am happy with that decision not to go, because I realize now that it's the family aspect I am upset about. Mark and I will be making a Passover Dinner per se, but I am no cook, and it will definitely not be the real deal. Not to mention that I did the shopping for this dinner only a few hours ago.

Additionally, I have two and a half days off work for the holiday since I work for a Jewish organization. You would think I would be thrilled about this, but I am realizing (three hours into my days off) that I am going to be so bored and lonely.

Today, I also finally went to the orthopedist about my jankity left knee. Apparently they couldn't just give me a cortisone shot to stop the pain, but I have to go to physical therapy twice a week. I've never done PT before, but fitting it into my lunch hour really wasn't ideal. I know I'm complaining a lot and people deal with much more than this all the time, but it's just one of those days that makes me miss home and my family. I'm wishing that I could click my heels as many times as it takes to there- even if it makes my knees more jankity.

No comments:

Post a Comment