Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So thankful

Thanksgiving in Maryland was amazing. Hands down. It is also my all time favorite holiday.

Mark and I left for the east coast Wednesday afternoon, with Bella in tow. After 11 hours, we made it to my parents' house. It was so nice to reunite with the family, and be back on home turf. The next morning we got to meet up with our other family (Mark's family) and spend some time with them. We did the double dipping Thanksgiving this year, meaning we went to both families. Don't think that will be a reoccurring thing because it was just too much.

We were literally going all day every day we were home. Trying to squeeze in seeing our friends, while seeing all the family is really difficult.No one tells you that when you move away, coming home is like a marathon. You are literally racing all over the place, and passing out from exhaustion every night. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE being home. I miss it already in fact. This was the first trip home that I was really like "I miss DC" not just my family/friends. I guess we have really developed a connection in Chicago because things are becoming unfamiliar in DC, and I actually referred to the metro as the El. Fail.

Unfortunately, we had to race home on Sunday because I had a huge work event Monday. Luckily, this month will be a great one for us. This coming weekend, one of my besties Hillary will be visiting! Then next weekend we will be in New York for a family bnai mitzvah. Then, a week and a half after that, we are on our whirlwind Eurotrip. Can. Not. Wait.

In the meantime, I have been buying into the holiday sale craziness, and had a wonderful time buying lots of fun clothes. My fave purchases are probably a cashmere long sleeve tee from J. Crew, and leopard scarf. Loveee.

I am so incredibly thankful for all my family and friends. Thanksgiving would not have been the same without everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment