Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's my birthday!

(Tomorrow)

So it has been a little while since I have posted to the blog. I guess I have been pretty busy. This past week alone, I had an auxiliary board meeting for the American Lung Association, work has picked up a little since we have an event coming up, and I am now involved with the UMD alumni chapter in Chicago, which is keeping me busy. It is definitely a great way to keep myself busy with events from a different perspective. Last night we had a Maryland game watching event in Lincoln Park, and we had a pretty good turnout. Met lots of interesting people. Afterwards, me, Mark, and our friends Deanna, Brett, Kaitlin, and Matt went to dinner at Dos Diablos. It was really yummy, but the free tequila shots were not exactly life-changing. I was also super jealous of the tables that had sombreros and fake mustaches... not really sure what that was about, but it looked fun!

Today, I spent a good amount of time shopping, then Emily took me to tea at The Drake for my birthday. For those that do not know, The Drake is a very iconic, beautiful hotel in Chicago. Very delish.

Tomorrow is my 24th birthday... not exactly a big number. Birthdays definitely don't mean that much to me anymore, but none-the-less, I refuse to spend it at the office. So Mark and I are both taking the day off and running around the city doing fun stuff. :)  Can't complain.

This week, the stars have aligned and not only is Breaking Dawn coming out, but The Hunger Games trailer will be out (insert major thirteen-year-old-girl-squealing). Yes, I am a huge dork.

I am really looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving next week, even if it requires a ten hour drive each way. It feels like we haven't been home in so long, even though it was only two months ago. I'm worried that the longer I'm here the more often I want to go home. I don't like to feel like I am missing out on things, and since all our family is there, I definitely feel like that a lot. However, I do love Chicago, and not being here anymore would be really sad. (Please note that I made this statement before winter). It's hard to believe we have been here ten months and will look for a new place soon. Time does fly when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment