Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Sky's the Limit

This past weekend was very relaxing, yet busy. Mark's aunt and uncle were in town and we got to spend some time with them, which was really nice. Saturday we took it easy during the day, and ran errands. This weekend was also the Air and Water Show, which for those of us who live here = hell. For the entire week, my office was shaking during the practice as the planes kept flying by, and it really freaked me out. Our apartment, also was very loud all week from the practices and the actual show. Take that, and add 1.5 million tourists, and you are not happy.

At night we went to dinner and then to Second City to see the show "The Sky's the Limit: Weather Permitting." I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The show was SO funny, and definitely kept your attention the whole time. All of the actors were very talented, but a few were amazing. One, Brendan Jennings, is (in my opinion) the next Chris Farley. If you live in Chicago and haven't seen the show, you really need to. Definitely the best comedy show I have seen.


Sunday was interesting. It took me half an hour to walk to the movie theatre, which usually takes me ten minutes. This was due to the thousands of tourists who apparently have never been in a city, and don't know how to walk. Fun times. Emily, who was meeting me there, had to take a bus, walk, and take the el just to get there in time. Awful. On a good note, we saw The Help, and it was amazing. It was very close to the book, and really well adapted to a movie. I really hope all of the actresses are nominated for awards, because they really deserve it. After the movie we grabbed some sushi while our men were off galavanting finding the White Castle in Chicago. Apparently, this White Castle excursion will be an annual event.

Yesterday Mark left for a business trip, and I embarked on my second C25K run... with Bella. She is usually such a good runner when she goes with Mark, but with me she was dragging. She was not having it after the first ten minutes. However, we did complete the second day. I really like it so far. Hopefully, I can keep up the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment