Friday, August 19, 2011

Craziest week ever!

I am sitting here writing this a half hour after my first running experience in many, many years. After reading one of my favorite blogs, Samstermommy, I was convinced to attempt running for what would be the millionth time in my life. But this time, I was feeling pretty confident.

Natasha (aka Samstermommy) blogged about this program called C25K or Couch to a 5k. The concept is really simple: take someone who is not a runner, and ease them into it. Who'da thought?

Well I was so inspired by her blog of success, that I bought an iphone armband, downloaded the app, and went through my first workout. I'm not going to lie, it was rough. But for the first time probably EVER, I completed a workout the way I wanted to. I am feeling really good right now, and highly suggest trying this program if you've always wanted to be a "runner," but aren't.


So this past week was insane. Primarily it was because Mark and I were running around nonstop. We had my friend Danielle arrive Thursday, leave Sunday, and our friend Matt arrive Monday and leave yesterday. Then later last night Mark's aunt and uncle arrived. I truly love having all the visitors, but having them all in a row is a little bit draining. Thankfully, tonight Mike and Emily will be coming over for a low key booze/game night. :)

On a random note: thing that scared the $#^! out of me this week (as if there was only one thing- ha)... the brain eating amoebas in the Potomac River. So. Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment