Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And we're off! ... We Hope.

So we have officially picked the worst week of the year for our final/venture trip up to Chicago. Not only were they just dumped with two feet of snow, but had 75mph winds, and public schools were cancelled due to snow for the first time in TWELVE YEARS. Yeah. I am feeling really good about my future living conditions.

Originally, our flight was supposed to leave tomorrow morning from BWI at 9:30am, but for some reason that flight was cancelled and we were put on an earlier flight. I am completely confused at the logic there. Mark was the one who spoke with the person at the airline and they said it was because our original flight was coming in from Chi. Uhh... why would they cancel flights leaving Chi, but not ones coming into it earlier in the morning? Maybe there is some secret airport code to this, but I am not following, and not thrilled that I have a 4am wake-up.

Anyone who knows me will also know that not only am I an anxiety-ridden lunatic, but my one particular phobia is flying. I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE flying. To me, stepping onto an airplane is the equivalent of the olden days when pirates tied people's hands with chains and told them to "walk the plank." I feel as though I am looking death in the face when I am getting on a plane. So far (aka in my life) the only short-term cure to this is to combine anxiety meds and alcohol... which is definitely not medically recommended. But you know what? I don't really care if I am the drugged up alchie because otherwise I would be the person crying and gasping and gripping the chair the entire flight. Unfortunately, my flight is so early tomorrow, I don't think I will be able to find booze at the airport. Is it ok to BYOB as long as it comes in 3oz bottles?

No comments:

Post a Comment