Sunday, October 23, 2011

Certified D.V.M.?

I had another very short work week this past week...only three days cause of the Jewish holidays. Win.

Unfortunately, my poor little Bell has been sick for over a week, and I spent a lot of the time back and forth from the vet's office. She has/had pancreatitis, which is not the same as it is for humans, just a more intensified stomach bug that basically is caused from the pancreas. I feel like I've been to vet school with all my new-found knowledge on the canine digestive system. Mark and I had been planning on taking a mini trip to Madison, WI this weekend, but we decided to postpone til Bella gets better. Luckily, she seems to be doing better now. Here she is playing Twister...


C'mon... how cute is that?

Anyway, Mark and I spent most of the weekend in relaxation mode; we watched some good TV, went to dinner and saw some friends. The place we went to dinner is called Bridge House Tavern, and it's one of my new favorite spots in Chicago. It is so cute and intimate, and right on the river. Plus, the food/drinks were good. Definitely going back there soon.

This week should be pretty busy with work stuff, but hopefully we can do something Halloween-ish over the weekend. I am going to be Sookie from Trueblood, Bella is going to be a Chicago-dog (hotdog), and Mark, well, he probably won't dress up. We may only be wearing these costumes for a little while, but the pictures are totally worth it.

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment