Sunday, July 17, 2011

Days go by

This weekend went be SO fast! Why does that always happen?

Friday was fun simply because it was the start of Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale, and both Mark and I got a bunch of good, practical stuff. I got a giant North Face parka that I will apparently need, come December. Friday evening Mark and I went to this place called Epic Burger, with my co-worker Jon and his wife. Yum. It's like a little nicer version of fiveguys, with amazing smoothies. Unfortunately for Mark, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 had just come out, and he was my date. The movie was amazing- almost as good as the book (like usual). I was sad when it ended. It was sort of like an end of an era when the final movie came to an end. Bummer.

Saturday we spent kind of vegging out. We trekked out to the suburbs to get our car serviced. Apparently the Volvo dealerships in the city aren't really trustworthy. However, a salesman tried to trick us into getting all this extra service done on our car, and this was at the Northfield location. That was not really attractive. So Mark and I decided to skip out to the showroom and look at all the pretty new volvos. The new version of our car, the S60, is absolutely beautiful. And here is a picture of me and what Mark and deemed my "future mom-mobile," a Volvo SUV.  Love.


Later that night, we went to Luxbar with Deanna and Brett. Again, yum.

Today I spent being a wifey. Mark went to the Cubs game and I went to HomeGoods and got a bunch of cute stuff. Spent way too much money, but it was totally worth it. Afterward, I went with my friend Jess to see Horrible Bosses. And in typical Bonnie fashion, I smuggled in some goodies. For those that don't know- I like to push the boundaries in terms of what foods I sneak in to movie theatres. This time it was a frappuccino and sushi. Yeah, I'm weird. Anyway, it was good and the movie was so funny. Definitely go see it if you haven't yet.

I can't believe it's Sunday already. I hate that weekends go by so quickly. Mondays are no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment