Monday, May 9, 2011

Getting our sun on

This weekend... the sun finally decided to make a lasting appearance! (And vacated the premises today, but let's focus on the positive).

Mark and I have been doing our own version of an eating tour across Chicago. There are SO many amazing restaurants here, we just can't get enough. Plus, I am a horrible cook, so ... bonus. Thursday night (Cinco de Mayo) we brought in Chipotle and made margaritas. We both ate too much that night. Damn Chipotle for being so filling.

Saturday, it was a little hazy out and I dragged Mark to see "Something Borrowed." Emily Giffin is one of my all-time favorite authors, and Something Borrowed and Something Blue are my two favorite books of all time (Not sure if I'm including Twilight in that...). But anyway, the movie was really good. Not as good as the book, since a few great parts were eliminated, but overall a good movie. You would probably like it more if you did not read the books. I am a huge Kate Hudson fan, and she got the role of Darcy down pat. Now, I like Ginnifer Goodwin also, but I kind of didn't like her in this role. Maybe I'm being harsh since I love the book so much, but that's my opinion on that. Later Saturday night, we tried a new Thai place near our apartment, which was delish. I get the same thing every time, but it was pretty good.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and since our mothers are not in the area, we spent it ourselves. We decided to venture to Evanston since neither of us had been there before. We got some brunch in the cute little town area (very downtown Silver Spring-esque) at "le Peep." Very yummy. Then we walked around Northwestern's campus. I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the campus. I always pictured Northwestern being very cute and pretty like Indiana University. The campus was just blah to me.

Later that night, we went out to dinner with my Uncle Michael who was in town for a convention. Always nice to see family and have a good meal.

Mark left early this morning for a business trip in Vegas and Reno for four days. Wish I could have gone with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment